5.4.09

A project completed



Here is a project that I have recently finished. (Well, it isn't quite finished, because the products are not in the hands of their intended recipients.) I made fleece blankets for my two nephews, Skip's oldest sister's sons. They are about eight and twelve years old. I made a nice baby quilt for our new niece, Skip's youngest sister's baby. Of course, I am just as fond of our nephews, so I decided to make something for them too.

I copied the design
from blankets that my Mom made for us for Christmas a few years ago. I measured the blankets that Mom made and did the calculations to figure out how to cut the fabric. I bought the fleece and the thread in January, but with other projects and activities, it took me awhile to get to the blankets. They worked up quickly, although not quite as quickly as I expected. I think it took an average of five hours per blanket, but the second one went a lot faster than the first. Of course, I significantly increased the time and thread required by deciding to zig-zag over the seam allowances. I am pleased with the result; I think it looks nice. I hope that W. and R. will like them and will not think them babyish.

1 comment: