9.3.09

Keeping up

This should be tractable: reading the Doctrine and Covenants on schedule to keep up with the Sunday School curriculum this year. I didn't keep up with the Book of Mormon reading at all last year, but I did read some of the Joseph Smith lessons for Relief Society. This year, I haven't read any of the Joseph Smith lessons, but I have done all the assigned reading for each Sunday School lesson (AND taken notes).

I'm also on track to read straight through
the book this year; I've read through Section 41. It's all thanks to my mom, who sent a little notebook with a reading schedule and a challenge to do it in the cute fabric box she made me for a Christmas present. I haven't managed to do all the sequential reading by the dates given on the schedule, but I'm caught up right now.

Here is a picture
of my little notebook:

My notes are an untidy scrawl, of course, but I have enjoyed Sunday School quite a bit more for having done this. Not even one quarter of the year has passed, though, so I'm not resting on my laurels too much.

1 comment:

  1. I am happy to know that you are gaining some benefit from the little notebook.

    ReplyDelete